Friday, June 11, 2010

Bug Bite Relief with Acupressure and Aromatherapy


Its the season of the great outdoors and with it comes bugs. Many patients have recently come in complaining of itchy bug bites. The good news, of course, is that acupuncture or acupressure might offer some relief.

Baichongwu "hundred insect burrow" is an acupuncture point on the leg that helps to alleviate itching. According to A Manual of Acupuncture by Peter Deadman this point was first discussed in the Great Compendium of Acupuncture and Moxibustion and is an important point for the treatment of skin diseases especially when it comes to alleviating severe itching.

The picture above shows where Baichongwu is located above the knee on the inner thigh as a red dot.

Aromatherapy can also be quite helpful with keeping insects away or as relief when they do nibble on you because the essential oil is actually the defense mechanism of the plant and is exactly what the plant uses to keep bugs away as well. Make sure that if you are going to use aromatherapy that your essential oils are specifically therapeutic grade. I can't say enough about the quality of Young Living Essential Oils.

For insect repellent that is natural and safe for your body mix:
6 drops of peppermint
6 drops tea tree
9 drops eucalyptus radiata

These oils all have a cooling affect on the body so if you have sensitive skin and it feels too intense mix these oils with a smidge of olive or coconut oil.

Purification Essential Oil is a blend that is great for relief from bug bites as well and contains citronella, lemongrass, lavandin, rosemary, melaleuca, and myrtle. I put a drop or two of this oil on my plants whenever little bugs or mold happen to show up. It has properties that are antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, immune supporting as well as beneficial to the skin, just to name a few.

If you're itching place a drop of purification essential oil on the area of discomfort and/or on top of Baichongwu and massage the area until it feels achey or turns slightly red and warm.

I'm curious, what are your natural remedies for bug bites and insect repellents?

Sarah Zender LAc

Whole Health Acupuncture 50 Turner Ave Elk Grove Village IL 847.357.3929
www.wholehealthprograms.com

3 comments:

  1. I first ever learnt that the treatment is now providing on bug bite also.Your insect repellent treatment method that is:
    6 drops of peppermint
    6 drops tea tree
    9 drops eucalyptus radiata is nice.
    thanks
    acupuncture points

    ReplyDelete

  2. So is possible that HIV Disease can be cured because I have been scammed so many times not until I came across this great man Dr Akhigbe who helped me at first I never believe all this comment and post about him and I was very sick because I have been infected with HIV/AIDS for the past two year,just last 2 months I keep reading the testimony about this man named Dr Akhigbe they said that the man is so powerful he have cured different type of diseases, I keep monitoring his post of some people about this man and I found out that he was real so I decided to give him a trial I contacted him for help and he said he was going to help me get my cure that all I needed to do was to send him money to prepare the medication after which it will be sent to me via DHL courier delivery services which I did to my greatest surprise the medication was sent to me he gave me instructions to follow on how to drink it that after three weeks I should go for check up,after taking the medicine and follow his instruction after three weeks I went back to the hospital for another test, at first I was shocked when the doctor told me that I was negative I ask the doctor to check again and the result was still the same negative that was how I free from HIV VIRUS at of the shock I decided to come and share my own testimony with you for those who think there is no cure for HIV VIRUS the cure as finally come' out stop doubting and contact Dr Akhigbe via email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com he will help you out you can also whatsApp him via +2348142454860 he is also perfect in curing DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS, CANCER ,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE, SPIDER BITE, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, PAIN IN JOINT,EPILEPSY,STROKE, ECZEMA, EATING DISORDER etc believe me that deadly disease is not longer a deadly sentence because dr akhigbe has the cure.the godfather of herbal root.
    email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com whatsapp number.
    +2348142454860
    website: https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello views join my to appreciate Dr. Oseremen for the great work he did for me, that have be my happiest day in my life this true life story you should pickup a point. I have been diagnose of herpes virus for eight [8] years,I’ve lost all hope and that there is no cure and I have been taken medicine to sustain myself till I got to know about Dr. Oseremen through a friend who he cured of herpes. I contacted him and he sent me his herbal medicine which I took as he directed me to do for 21 days and after taking his herbs, I went to the hospital and I was confirmed herpes Negative after years of pains and suffering , it is indeed a miracle, Dr. Oseremenis a great man, I have heard so much about how he has help lot of people, if you have any issue you can contact him for help.via email him on. Dr.oseremenvadi@gmail.com  you can as well call his mobile number or add him on whatsapp +2349056394313

    ReplyDelete